A third-generation oilman, HEYCO Energy Group CEO George Yates, 68, credits technological advancements in drilling for creating opportunities previously unimaginable. His early exploration days began in the late 1960s in the western part of the Permian Basin called the Delaware Basin, during a down period. Today HEYCO is positioned in 1.4 million acres in Northern Spain and in England’s hot unconventional gas play, the Bowlen Shale. To capitalize on the “revolutionary industrial conversion” happening in energy, Yates is playing a role in transitioning diesel-fueled rigs to natural gas-run rigs and developing mobile LNG (liquefied natural gas) for next-generation engines, he says, whether “trucks, trains, or boats.”
- D CEO Magazine Names George Yates 2022 Legacy Award Recipient
- HEYCO Joins Industry in Calling for UK Shale Gas Exploration at Parliament
- HEYCO Sponsors 2022 L. Frank Pitts Energy Leadership Award Luncheon
- HEYCO Hosts Lecture: Europe’s Green Energy Crisis, Putin’s War, and the U.S.
- El Mundo: There are gas deposits but the Government vetoes exploring them