- SDX launches Morocco drilling campaign, updates Egypt operations
SDX Energy Inc. seeks to increase its Moroccan gas sales volumes by
as much as 50% and its reserves by more than 100% with its nine-well
drilling campaign in the Sebou, Gharb Centre, and Lall Mimouna permits.
- Sherritt resumes Cuban drilling after storm
Sherritt International Corp., Toronto, has resumed drilling of a key exploration well in Cuba after an interruption caused by Hurricane Irma.
- Horizon acquires conventional gas concessions in Poland
Horizon Petroleum Ltd. will target undeveloped conventional natural
gas discoveries in two concessions in Poland’s Rotliegendes basin and
its Carpathian foldbelt. The Cieszyn and Bielsko-Biala concessions cover
a combined 3,030 sq km.
- Drilling & Production
- Baker Hughes: US rig count drops for sixth time in 8 weeks
The US rig count during the week ended Sept. 22 declined for the
sixth time in 8 weeks, again anchored by a drop in oil-directed rigs.
- Gazprom Neft starts production from Russia’s Otdelnoye oil field
Gazprom Neft PJSC
said it has brought Otdelnoye field in Russia into commercial
production, with two wells producing a total of 170 tonnes/day of oil.
- Statoil achieves carbon dioxide reduction targets
says it has achieved targets for reducing carbon dioxide emissions from
the Norwegian Continental Shelf and is seeking additional efficiencies.
- American Petroleum Institute
- Energy Year in Review
Despite occasional policy obstacles, the U.S. energy revolution continues to enhance America’s economic and national security and deliver major benefits to consumers, the environment and manufacturers. With commonsense, market-based, consu...
- Energy is All Around the Holidays
Everywhere you go, whatever you do, energy – anchored by abundant U.S. oil and natural gas – is making life warmer, easier, healthier and more enjoyable. Let’s mark the holidays with a look at just a few of the gifts we enjoy, from the energy t...
- New U.S. Energy Course Starts Offshore
We need to change our course on energy – in offshore policy and other areas – to benefit American consumers, U.S. businesses, our economy and the country’s energy security. Given the fact it takes years to realize the benefits of of...