- Energean signs pact for Western Greece onshore block
Energean Oil & Gas SA,
Athens, has signed a lease agreement with the Greek government for the
exploration and exploitation of hydrocarbons on the 4,360-sq-km
Aitoloakarnania block onshore western Greece.
- Tag Oil reports success with Cheal-E8 exploration well in New Zealand
Tag Oil Ltd., Vancouver, BC, reported the successful drilling and
flow testing of its Cheal-E8 exploration well, which will now be tied-in
to the companyâ€™s existing production systems as a permanent producer.
The well was drilled on the companyâ...
- Seismic program planned off Sri Lankaâ€™s east coast
The Sri Lanka government is planning what it is calling a â€śfirst-everâ€ť seismic acquisition off the countryâ€™s east coast, under a joint exploration agreement with Franceâ€™s Total SA.
- Drilling & Production
- BHI: Colorado, gas-directed rigs lead latest US rig count rise
The Baker Hughes Inc. US rig countâ€™s 19th straight weekly increase came by way of Colorado and gas-directed rigs instead of the usual lift from Texas and oil-directed rigs.
- Canada to limit oil, gas methane emissions
Oil and gas producers in Canada face new controls on methane emissions under regulations proposed May 25 by the federal government.
- Statoil gets nod to start production at Gina Krog field in North Sea
- American Petroleum Institute
- Energy Year in Review
Despite occasional policy obstacles, the U.S. energy revolution continues to enhance America’s economic and national security and deliver major benefits to consumers, the environment and manufacturers. With commonsense, market-based, consu...
- Energy is All Around the Holidays
Everywhere you go, whatever you do, energy â€“ anchored by abundant U.S. oil and natural gas â€“ is making life warmer, easier, healthier and more enjoyable. Letâ€™s mark the holidays with a look at just a few of the gifts we enjoy, from the energy t...
- New U.S. Energy Course Starts Offshore
We need to change our course on energy – in offshore policy and other areas – to benefit American consumers, U.S. businesses, our economy and the country’s energy security. Given the fact it takes years to realize the benefits of of...